More beautiful Lace Shawl patterns for sale on Knituition.com

Friday, November 30, 2007

Mary Janes

I've always wanted a pair of mary jane slippers. Or shoes for that matter. Like these!! But..unfortunately, my shoe budget doesn't even come close to being that big. I'm the kind of person who will spend $10 on a pair of shoes and try to get it to fit into most wardrobes. It's not that I'm cheap, I'm just not a shoe person. The last thing I think of is my feet. But, to tell you the truth, those Fluevogs are pretty darn tempting and just might be inspiring me to expand my shoe wardrobe.


Now, I came across a great pattern for incredibly easy Mary Jane slippers. No felting. No working in the round. Just plain garter stitch slippers. They're cute and insanely simple to do. Just what I need for being around the baby. I'm sure if any of you have little ones, you'd know what I'm talking about when I say, "Nothing get's done in this house!" Knitting lace is a far and distant dream right now, I needed something simple, easy, and that can be done with little concentration that I could do for gifts.


The only problem is, they are REALLY comfy. Too comfy in fact. My feet, being chilled all day really welcomed a pair of nice soft cotton slippers. Notice the button? Yep, one of mine. :D They were knit in blue sky Alpaca cotton. This cotton is so soft, it actually feels a little like silk. :D Now, how can I part with them. Oh well, guess I need to make a pair for myself.

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Those are adorable. I think Hannah would love a pair. Hmmm.

Monika said...

They really do look very comfortable. The button looks great on them! I would keep them and knit another pair as a gift! :o)

Horse 'n' Round said...

Oooo, very comfortably yummy looking! The button is an adorable touch as well. Guess I'll have to make myself a pair... or two... maybe more!

Batty said...

Oooh, the Blue Sky Alpaca cotton is so soft and dreamy. I bet your feet are happy in those!