More beautiful Lace Shawl patterns for sale on Knituition.com

Friday, May 18, 2007

Am I a terrible Mother?

A little off the knitted path...

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. As I was preparing to give my 7 month old son a bath, I had decided it was high time that he got a hair trim. His hair was getting long and shaggy, not too much mind you, but just enough to be bothersome to any mother I'd say. I never used to mind it on other children, but seeing hair hanging over the ears now drives me nuts.

So..

As he sat there waiting for his bath to be drawn (he's small enough to sit in the sink in the bathroom..which is great since my back hurts when I have to kneel on the floor and stretch over to wash a bouncy child's hair) I amused him with a rubber ducky toy while I got out my husbands beard trimmer. I love this thing. With blocks on it's great from trimming short hair and beards, without the blocks it's perfect for shaving my legs :D. (Yes, I'm lazy.)

So, while I had him occupied for 5 minutes I grabbed the Norelco and gave him a quick shave down the side of his head. And what happens??? I quickly realized that I forgot to put on the blocks!!!! I was horrified as I stared at this HUGE bald spot on the side of my baby's head. I was so shocked...I looked like I had just hit a cat with my car..(I know this cause I saw my reflection in the mirror)..except with a Norelco buzzing in my hand.

My son? He wasn't even aware of what just happened, if he was I'm sure he'd NEVER let me come close to his hair ever again.

What could I do? There's no fixing this, seriously, how can you creatively hide a huge bald spot on the side of a cute little baby's head?! Well, I thought about shaving his whole head, but I thought, "He might actually look a little sickly with an extremely bald head." I mean..bald..like no cute little peach fuzz or anything. So, I did the only thing I could think of. I improvised.



My husband loves it...of course.

I wonder what the doctor is going to say when I go on Monday.

18 comments:

Yuliana said...

He is so cute and cool!
I love it.

Adrian said...

Oh. My goodness. He does look cute!

Monika said...

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my head off here! I'm with your husband here! Don't worry, hair grows back! Your son of course, will hate you, when he's older, seeing these pictures! ;o)

Carole Knits said...

Oh my goodness! I can just picture you when you realized what had happened. It actually looks very cute.

Kirsten said...

LMAO!!!
You are too funny! You improvised and found the perfect solution to your little mishap. I love it!

PS Send your mailing address, ASAP because as a knitter, I feel compelled to knit that boy a hat. . .

Jacque said...

I love it. Let him be a wild child and follow in the already famous footsteps of Kingston Rossdale. whip out some gel and stand that hawk up. He'll be the coolest kid at the doc's office.

Jacque

Lora said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh this is awesome!!! Hey it was bound to happen sooner or later right!! He looks adorable.

Cetta said...

Punk baby! Very cute -- he'll be the envy of the waiting room ;-)

Valerie said...

That's Awesome!!!! You're baby is the coolest baby in the world because A. He has a hawk and B. The story of how he got it is priceless. -=giggle=- Just you wait one day he's going to come home with one of those and color it green. =P

Sherry W said...

Coolest Mom Ever. :)

Jacque said...

I'm tagging you! Stop by for details,

Jacque

prairiegirl said...

Nope not a terrible mother at all (I've given my boys more accidental bald patches than I can count and that was with the guard on the razor!)

And hey! I know for sure that my boys would think that your little one is the coolest baby around! Both boys are quite punk and the 12 year old actually sports a very similar haircut on purpose! They would probably also deem you the coolest mom out there to come up with that solution to the bald patches problem!

Adorable baby you have I might add - the haircut does nothing to take away from that! What a sweetie!! If the doctor says anything tell him with great conviction in your voice that you did it on purpose! Tee hee hee!

Anna said...

That is awesome!! If I ever breed, the second there's enough hair - the kid's getting a mohawk! I LOVE it!! So cute!

Annie said...

Found you from Carole Knits -- and laughed out loud at this post! What a riot. And a really handsome guy. Now you need to spike it. Really.

pacalaga said...

I have seriously considered doing that to my kid. I usually shave him almost bald (he's too fat and rosy to be thought sickly) but I'm kinda bored with that. HIs daddy will love it. I'm not entirely sure I have the guts to do it, though.

Cara said...

I hereby tag you!

http://yarnchronicles.blogspot.com

Holly Bee said...

Ooh, that's just awesome! Besides, baby hair is over rated, and filled with jelly, and this will be much easier to wash. heehee, I love it!

Her0 said...

im 20 and i decided to give myself a buzz cut.. it looked great until i accidentally took a chunk out on the corner.. now i have a bald spot as well.