More beautiful Lace Shawl patterns for sale on Knituition.com

Friday, December 7, 2007

Eye Candy..Flacon

I love Fridays. The weekend is almost here and tonight I can relax while my husband settles in for the weekend. This last week I did some decorating for X-mas. This wreath is one my mom sent home with me. She makes these, some have lights some don't. I loved this one with the antique star in it. I put it above my couch...it looks really good there. :D



I also did this the other night. My mother has these glass cabinets that she displays her fragile stuff in. There's glassware and treasures that my step father has picked up from around the world. I thought that this would help add to the cabinet's specialness. This is Flacon from Yarn Over. I did this, in two hours. It was such a fast and easy knit. And with written instructions I didn't lose my space as when I use a chart. (And with my son, that's a plus in my book.)


I did this on #3 needles using Alpaca Silk yarn. I know I should use cotton for this...but, I couldn't resist. I'm going to try out some of the other patterns like Fanodugen on #7 needles and make it into a shawl.


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That doily is just beautiful! And I love the wreath, too.

Monika said...

I absolutely LOVE your wreath. IT's the kind I would buy too. Your mom's very creative, isn't she?!
The little star doily is so cute. I love knitting doilies with thick yarn to make it into shawls or lap blankets.